Are you looking for an employee in equestrian related fields? Please post your job postings here. Please do not advertise your services here if you are a business.
Disclaimer: The information and services listed in the HCBC forums are intended to facilitate accessibility to the professionals, products and services that play a part in the horse industry. HCBC does not assume responsibility for errors, omissions or subsequent changes in the information provided. While readers are encouraged to use the products and services of the merchants and users of this forum, Horse Council BC does not recommend, endorse, or guarantee the products and services of advertisers listed.
Barn Assistant Position @ Cobblestone Farm
|Created:||October 19, 2018|
Boutique hunter/jumper training barn in North Langley is looking for a mature and reliable Barn Assistant
Cobblestone Farm is a private hunter/jumper training facility in North Langley. At this time we have an opening for an experienced, full time (40 hours/week), permanent Barn Assistant.
Job Description Summary:
The Barn Assistant assists in horse turnout and performs barn maintenance and paddock cleaning duties under the direction of the Barn Manager/Horse Keeper.
Detailed Description of Responsibilities:
• Helping to maintain a safe, positive and comfortable barn environment for horses, riders and barn staff.
• Assisting in the monitoring, care and maintenance of all horses at Cobblestone Farm according to the owners’ instructions.
• Cleaning all stalls and water buckets and adding bedding (wood pellets) as appropriate.
• Cleaning auto waterers as directed and scheduled.
• Assisting in horse turnout.
• Setting feeds and throwing hay for all horses.
• Putting on and taking off horse blankets and fly masks as required. Blankets are to be folded and hung at the stall doors.
• Grooming horses for Cobblestone trainers and riders when the Barn Manager/Horse Keeper is unavailable.
• Cleaning and sweeping feed room, office, tack room, lunch room and bath room as needed.
• Watering the outdoor riding arena for riders on an as-needed basis.
• Operating farm equipment as required (e.g. tractor, blowers, Gators, fans, sprinklers).
• Other related duties.
Our 15-stall barn is outfitted with comfort mats, auto waterers and rubber flooring.
Regular working hours for the Barn Assistant: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Remuneration is above average for the equine industry and will depend on the applicant's experience and suitability for the position.
For more information call Kit Thomas at 604-455-0456 or email [email protected]