Check the calendar to see upcoming events in your area! Click on the events for details.
If you are a club or business member and would like your event (no non-recognized competitions) posted, please contact Marketing at 1-800-345-8055 or [email protected] / Please also check out our Club Events Calendar
January 11, 2024: Trauma Informed Coaching Workshop Session 1
|End Date:||January 11, 2024|
|Introduction:||Facilitated by Megan Pinfield, a clinical counsellor that specializes in working with equestrians. A series of 4 separate workshops designed to give Equestrian Coaches, of all disciplines, the skills they need to work with Riders from diverse backgrounds experiencing fear, anxiety or trauma related to riding. Coaches will be provided with model for coaching riders with fear issues that is in line with neuropsychology and learning theory. This series is designed to be taken sequentially but coaches may opt to register for single sessions if they are not able to attend all 4. The material in each workshop builds on the previous material covered.|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
- Mental Wellbeing & resilience: how do we develop resilience.
- Common mental health issues faced by equestrians
- Differences between anxiety, fear and trauma
- Understanding when to refer a rider to professional help
- A deep dive into the construct of fear,2 different kinds of fear
- Why riding fear is so stubborn and hard to resolve