Check the calendar to see upcoming events in your area! Click on the events for details.
If you are a club or business member and would like your event (no non-recognized competitions) posted, please contact Marketing at 1-800-345-8055 or [email protected] / Please also check out our Club Events Calendar
February 22, 2024: Trauma Informed Coaching Workshop Session 4 REGISTRATIONS CLOSED
|February 22, 2024
|A series of 4 separate workshops designed to give Equestrian Coaches, of all disciplines, the skills they need to work with riders from diverse backgrounds experiencing fear, anxiety or trauma related to riding.
Dr. Megan Pinfield is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) in BC and also an equestrian. She holds a PhD in Art Therapy and an MA in Counselling Psychology and has worked with riders and coaches of all ages on their riding challenges in her private practice. Megan specializes in helping riders recover from equestrian traumas. In addition to her private clinical practice, Megan is also an experienced educator and author. Megan teaches graduate-level students at Adler University and is a frequent contributor to publications such as Horse Sport, Canadian Horse Annual and Horse Canada magazines.
- The TICE model for moving through stages of an accident - to help prevent anxiety, fear or trauma
- What to do, what not to do immediately when an accident occurs (first 24 hours)
- What to do, what not to do within the first 72 hours after an accident
- What to do, what not to do within the first 2 weeks after an accident and beyond
- How all Equestrians can work to reduce the stigma, blame and shame within the industry
- Promoting a more diverse and inclusive culture in our equestrian sports